Translate in your own language ;)

Monday, 15 August 2011

Do good, feel good!

Did you ever helped a complete stranger when in need ?
If not, try it once, it feels good!                                                
Yesterday, my parents and I went to shopping and I had an argument with them because they didn't let me buy a dress, I really loved. That dress was purely angel-itic! A long gown white in colour with flowers on it. I wanted to own that no matter what, BUT my parents refused as they said I have my whole wardrobe covered with clothes and I don't wear the old ones, which is bitterly true. This was the first time, my parents refused me for something and I couldn't stand it. As a result, I was completely turned off.

As I was coming down the escalator, I saw a lady who had been standing near the up escalator for the past five minutes scared to go. I guess, she has never been to an escalator before. I went up to her, asked her if she wanted to go. Nervously, she smiled and said "yes, but I am too scared". I hold up her hand gently and took her along the escalator. After reaching the next floor, I let off her hand and said bye, I realized she was still shaking, so nervous she didn't even thanked me. I din't mind because I didn't helped her just to be the local super woman or something!
As I came down again, I saw my mother smiling at me showing  how much she is proud of me! As smile is contagious, I smiled back too.

Okay, but this din't let the end of the argument between us and we came back without buying that angel-itic dress! :(

But, I realized it feels good inside to help someone truly in need. Knowing that we are capable of helping some one, because imagine how would you feel if you need help and someone out of the blue spares some of his time just to help you out. It feels good!

If you do help people, my salute to you....                       
....and if not, try it once, it feels good! :)

30 comments:

  1. that's a great thing you did...true...if you do good you will feel good, if you feel good you will live good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad knowing that u were successful helping others. i myself just felt the other side, feeling guilty for not helping others.

    i kknow i was really capable of doing some help but i took longer time to think and finally i found that the person i wanted to help had disappeared.

    yeah..it always feels good when we help others.. i hope i wouldnt miss other chances again.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sub: Thank you! :)

    @honey_va: The next time, you see someone needy,without thinking, spare a minute to help him out. You would be brightening up his day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good to lend help to a stranger. What we sow is what we reap. Congrtulations to your parents, as a father of two girls i only wish i learnt to use a certain word much earlier - 'no'

    ReplyDelete
  5. True, it feels really good to help someone...Salute to you for helping that lady:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, this was really sweet! ♥ it was so nice of you to help that lady :D i hope you get to buy that dress soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Larry: This was the first time too my parents said the word NO to me, I think that is why I couldn't stand it because all the times my wishes are fulfilled!

    @Saru: aww.. I am truly honored!
    Thank you so much! :)

    @Furree: Feels good to see you after long. I hope that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who need a white dress when you have such a beautiful spirit?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that someone your age gets that so early on. Doing something for someone else for no reason other than it will make their day brighter is the biggest high. whether its helping the old dear up the escalator, helping a harried mum push her trolley while she tries to contain her tantrum ing toddler or just smiling and saying thank you have a lovely day to the shop assistant that has had a rude customer before you. It all adds up in the karmic bank.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a nice gesture. If everyone follows this once in a while, the world would be a much better place to live in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Ramakant: I hope so, atleast the people who read this post got the message! :)

    @magiceye: Yeah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once, I was depressed (coz i had a fight with my friends) and i was walking in a busy crowd. I suddenly noticed that a small girl who had a huge load of rug-magazines on he head, dropped it down! I don't know what wn through my mind, I immediately walked towards her and helped pile that up again. she said "THANKU". That made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Adi: I am glad you did helped someone.. well a total stranger. Not only she made your day. You made her day too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely act of kindness. good for you! Just visiting from BPOW.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, really, when you are able to keep it simple, things are so much better. Just be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good advice form a young person thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Eva: Thanks for visiting! :)

    @Kristy: I totally agree! :)

    @Amanda: I am honored! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow I love your blog. I can totally agree with this. Life can be stressful. D; I wish I could stargaze but it's always so cloudy here!! -Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Sydney and I hope you get the opportunity to witness one of the most amazing sightseeing! :)
    Diamonds in the sky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a really excellent read for me. Must agree that you are one of the coolest bloggers I ever saw

    ReplyDelete
  21. :) you always rock :)
    you know what i mean

    ReplyDelete