Translate in your own language ;)

Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Studying our way...

As a child, each one of us wants to be famous, to get recognized, to have loads of money and own a big mansion. We grow up, come in our teens and then the time comes when we actually have to decide what we have to do in our lives, we decide our careers! Big dreams, huge aspirations and confusing choices....

Since high school we start our preparations for the competitive exams to enter into our dream colleges. School, coaching classes, hobbies and then the competitive exams preparation, ah! where did our childhood go ? and everything comes all of a sudden that it is difficult to manage all at once and there is the starting of all the problems. Unable to handle so much pressure, kids do get flunked in subjects and the teachers start giving their de-moralizing lectures that after listening, no one would like to go back and study again! I have seen so many people of my age struggling their way through.

When you are studying for your school exams and for the entrance exams for colleges, although the syllabus maybe the same but the question paper pattern is entirely different so yes, to make your dream come true which you saw in your childhood, you need to study both at the same time, but in case you took things for granted from the very beginning and did not took your studies seriously, there is no way you can make it up for later. It's like you are tangled in a bunch of problems together and the only solution to that is not to panic, understand the situation and try to solve this mess step by step.

Academic performance is important to get into the college of your dreams. Never underestimate yourself. You don't know what you are worth. We all have so much potential in ourselves but due to so-many-different-reasons, we often tend to take this lightly and say- "It's okay, we would do better next time" and most of the time, the next time never comes and it keeps on repeating itself like a never-ending cycle.

Ever failed a test ? Ever got that 'look' from the teachers ? Ever thought why did that happened ?



Right now, if any one of you reading this is going through the same condition, I just wanna say:
It's okay, calm down. You are capable enough and you surely have the potential. Close your eyes and think, think all would you have if you get into your dream college, how fun it would be when you prove your haters and de-moralizing teachers wrong and how happy and proud your parents would be. You just need to believe  in yourself and study with more concentration  and focus. The most important point, learn to manage time.

Today, in school I have seen people going through the same situation and the 'look' the teacher's gave them. I have been in this situation sometime too and I exactly know how does this feel. Writing this in school with teary-eyes, just wanna say to all of you. Don't lose hope! in anything that you do because once you lose hope, you give up and giving up isn't the solution to all problems.

Yes, this is one of my personal feeling blog post and it's been long since I wrote one. Typing this and sharing with you all makes me feel so better! You all guys are so helping, inspiring each time. You all are the best! ^.^

and always remember: Hard work will definitely bring up results.


35 comments:

  1. Awesomely Explained !
    BTW good post !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do it so good. I can see your feelings in it. I guess you are going through this situation??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about that look in your teacher's eye. He/she doesn't know any more about life than you do. Relax, and enjoy yourself. Do things that make you happy. Pursue your own interests. In the end, you'll see that's all that really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo,that is an inspiring post. But I have to disagree with something here. This is the same stuff that teachers tell us, and the fact is it is easier said than done. You can't just get up one day and decide to do better, it takes a lifetime of dedication. I can say this, because I've been there, done that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that it takes years of dedication and come on' Rome wasn't built in a day. And you know about the preparations of IIT-JEE. What I only mean was.. okay, even if we are going through not so good times in academic performance, instead of shouting, teachers should guide us.

      Delete
  5. nice. i mean awesome. very inspiring. i must to thank you for this. so THANKS for this understanding-feeling post. you're great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Means a lot Nadila! :)
      Glad to help someone in some way! :)

      Delete
  6. Kelsea Ballerini24 January 2012 at 21:07

    School is one of those things across the board that puts stress and pressure on teenagers. There is just no way around it. Whether you are one of the top scholars that spends every spare minute studying for a big exam, or the student that barely gets by with a passing grade, school is stressful.
    As a college student myself, I agree that it is so important to take a deep breath and calm down. These are the most important and special years of our life, and while doing our best in school is important, it is important to also not got weighed down by the pressure that comes with it. Totally agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally appreciate your comment! Thank you for understanding my post so well :)

      Delete
  7. @Perfectly Imperfect Nope, I am not saying anything like that. I only mean, have you tried spending years just getting through the exams and once you reach the entrance period, you try to get high marks so you can get into a good college? 9 out of 10 times, you cant.It isn't as easy as just saying I am gonna do it. It takes uncommon will power to rewire your habits. Again I have been there, done that. I am in college now, I have written the entrance and hence I can say that.
    I have seen people even now trying to no avail. So my advice would be, begin the change a little earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so painfully honest! keep going!
    im now following your blog
    http://i-eat-london.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was homeschooled, but I still understand what you're saying here- nice writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salut! J'ai trouvé ton blog par hasard et j'ai beaucoup apprécié ton article! Tu écris très bien! Ne t'inquiète pas tu vas réussir! ;)

    Translation : hello! I found your blog by chance and I enjoyed your article! You write very well! Courage, you will succeed!;)

    Ps: sorry for my english, as you saw, I am a French student! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very well written!! I Love your Blog, Nice Job keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Salut! J'ai trouvé ton blog par hasard et j'ai beaucoup apprécié ton article! Tu écris très bien! Ne t'inquiète pas tu vas réussir! ;)

    Translation : hello! I found your blog by chance and I enjoyed your article! You write very well! Courage, you will succeed!;)

    Ps: sorry for my english, as you saw, I am a French student! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Means a lot, how did you got to know about my blog ? Just curious.

      Psstt, I learnt a little french too in school, forgot it now though.

      Delete
    2. I searched on Google some blogs interesting to learn more about american culture and to train myself to read and understand english. I found your blog and I appreciate your write, so I read it !

      Do you remember any words in french ? ;)

      Delete
  13. Encouraging blog post and images! I'm happy to have stumbled across your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You give every one of your readers the empowerment they need to face this kind of obstacle that all high school students seem to experience at one point in their lives. Thank you for inspiring me and everyone who read your blog. Please keep posting.

    ReplyDelete