Translate in your own language ;)

Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Rain- A feeling I love!


" Some people enjoy the rain, others just get wet"

I mentioned in one of my old post- Happiness comes in small packages! that how much I love rain. It acts as a pain killer for me, washes all my sorrows and worries and refreshes me to a great extend. That was the day, when I enjoyed myself to the core in the rain and today too I felt the same. It's been 11 months I haven't felt the cool water from clouds on my bare skin and today when it did, feels nothing but like heaven!

Early in the morning, when I woke up I saw dark bellied clouds floating in the sky. After some time, it did drizzled a little but soon the sun showed up and I had lost hope of seeing those clouds again. Came back from school, still the sun's heat was at it's peak and it grew warmer and warmer. In the evening, things changed. I heard a loud knock on my window. I opened and saw the sky changing it's color from light blue to yellow. Soon, sandstorms appeared and then the color of the sky changed to dark yellow and then black. It started raining heavily and as the smell of wet mud (rain) I felt, I couldn't resist myself to move out again in the garden like last time and enjoy myself to the core.


I took my iPod with headphones in my ears and moved towards the garden. Strong cold wind waves hitting me and cool water tickling my skin. The sky acting as disco lights, thunder acting as the orchestra and the streak of lightening acting as a spotlight. Feeling which can't be replaced by any other in the world. Listening to my favorite songs in my favorite weather, what could be better than this ?

After 11 months, I experienced the same joy, same feeling, same emotion and it made my day.
Day passes by, time runs by and your daily routine would move on monotonically. Sometimes taking  a break and having "ME" time is really important. Once in a while do stop and do what you love. It would not only remind you that you are alive and not just existing but also would refresh you in a manner like no one else.

What do you do to take a break from your boring everyday schedule ? :)

14 comments:

  1. Lovely and refreshing blog as always!
    I too enjoyed the rain this evening, but your delight has diminished it..haha
    Swati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well I'm obsessed with the rain! :D

      Delete
  2. I love to play in the water in the street after a huge rain. It's like walking in a steam, water up to my shins or at least around my ankles. It's been a long time since I've done that. Thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every one has it's own story related to rain! :)

      Delete
  3. Hey when i read your post , i was able to picturize the situation which u explained..I havn't seen you!But then in the picture ,i fixed myself...thanks for making me experience the rainy climate by just reading your post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rain when I can lay in bed, hearing it against the window pane. Also if it's warm rain and not too heavy, I love to walk in it:) Great post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to play in rain and enjoy the good laugh either with my siblings or my friends. Hehe. btw, I prefer music to get away from my boring routine every single day. Hearing song bring me to another world where there's only me; controlling the whole plot of my own story. Hey. Nice blog btw, and regards from Jesse'M :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *same pinch* :D
      Music for me too is kind of an escapism when I am sad or going through mood swings.
      Thanks for the compliment :)

      Delete
  6. I too love the rain very much, in fact I posted a similar post on my blog some months back. Do visit it. It is sweltering here and we are all hoping for some respite...maybe sometime soon.
    BTW your posts are so encouraging always, and I love reading them. And I know what the "me" time can do. Like the 3 idiots song "Saree umr hum mar mar ke je liye, ek pal toh ab hame jeene do, jeene do"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! :)

      Thank you,and agreed with the song part. ;)

      Delete