Translate in your own language ;)

Friday, 1 June 2012

Height of summer tomato salad- Recipe

Hello readers! :)

In my last post Summer break: Day 1, I write about how I cooked and celebrated the first day of my summer break. Today is 5th day and believe me nothing great has been done so far worth mentioning. I hope to read some books in the next week. Back to the topic, I thought to share those recipes with you, because they were so delicious.

Here is the salad recipe, would be posting the rest tomorrow! :)



Serves 6
Make the dressing ahead, and let sit overnight in the fridge to maximize flavor.
  • Dressing
  • ⅔ cup fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
  • 2 ½ Tbs. olive oil
  • Salad
  • 12 oz. heirloom or other peak-season tomatoes, cut into different shapes
  • 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved, and sliced
  • ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 ½ oz. lettuce, crumbled


1. To make Dressing: Purée basil and garlic with 1/2 tsp. olive oil in food processor. Stir in remaining olive oil.
2. To make Salad: Toss together tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and lettuce in large bowl. Pour Dressing over mixture, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Garnish with basil leaves.


and voila, done!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds summery and cool!! I think I trying this for lunch today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for my tomatoes to ripen. I will make this salad and some other good things. Thanks.
    I just stopped by from BPOTW. Hope you have time to visit me at www.charlottesmenagerie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to make this salad this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete