Translate in your own language ;)

Friday, 13 July 2012

Deserted Sky! - Poem in 55 words challenge

Hey bloggers!
I know it's been more than a month that you haven't heard of me but I'm extremely sorry, so much happened in my life that blogging had to take a backseat. Also I just turned 17 recently! Woohoo! :D

I was in a dilemma so as to what to blog after such a long break where Mr. Deepak Karthik came to my rescue. He challenged me for 55f. (I heard it for the first time :P ) and told me to write a composition/poem or anything that consists ONLY 55 WORDS! Quite a challenge for a blogger like me. But I did write a short poem based on the rules. Hope I did justice and also please don't be too harsh, it's my first 55 challenge! ^.^





The deserted sky and gusty winds
people praying to rain god
to shower mercy on them
to break free chains of fire in which they are bound,
to be safe and sound.
Failing to realize they themselves are the cause
heating buttered earth in a pan
blaming only others,
nature would come back for revenge.

12 comments:

  1. GOOD WORK :)
    well done....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent poem. Since I am long winded I think I would fail this challenge quite easily. However, now you have me wondering...

    Hmm...

    Might need to try one of these now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just one suggestion.. Writing rain god makes it sound amateur-ish.. I'd say name a God in particular..
    Rest I love the concept and challenge. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! Haha, I so suck at poetry... ( - 3-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy people who can write poetry!
    You are good at it :)
    http://notyourbimbosir.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :P
      Oh, really ?

      Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  6. I think it is wonderful when someone can put words together so beautifully. I can write but poetry is one of my weaker spots;) Nice job:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      Can't wait to read your poems.

      Delete